Community

Available 24/7, (612) 267-6154

April is OT Month

April is OT Month. Make sure to thank your occupational therapists.

We’d like to recognize our Occupational Therapist, Carol Welton.

Here’s a little bit about Carol:

“I became inspired (to become an OT) in high school, I was volunteering in Chicago at a residential facility for children with multipe impairements and medically fragile. I spent most of my time in the PT an OT rooms, and really liked both BUT was very interested in the variety of OT. The teaching ADL skillsand leisure, splinting and understanding the ‘hows and whys’, in looking at colleges and the profession more I decided OT was for me. I especially like the variety of my job and that no two days are alike…because each individual I work with is sooooo different, I have always liked the challenge of figuring out how to make a task / something easier for individuals to do.”

Carol’s hobbies outside of work are GOLF…when is spring coming?!, gardening, AGAIN where is spring? reading, sewing, house projects and visiting and spending time with family and friends.

photoThank you Carol for all you do!

Posted in: Uncategorized

Leave a Comment (0) →

1st PAC Meeting for AMHC

We are so grateful to have Dr. John Soucheray on board as our Medical Director, John Redpath as our community liaison and Nicole Hinzie as our Nursing Director in our Professional Advisory Committee. We had our first meeting last week and there were many great ideas brought to the table.  We are looking forward to start serving our patients very soon!

Leave a Comment (0) →

Skilled Maintenance Services are NOW covered by Medicare.

This is exciting news for our patients.

For Medicare part A Beneficiaries, Therapy services no longer need to be discontinued for “maintenance” or for a patient that is declining and not making functional progress.

Should the patient choose to continue their therapy services they are still entitled to receive therapy services even if they are not meeting their goals.

Note from Mike Auge, PT “With that, your mindset as clinicians needs to change and document why you are doing a maintenance plan and why therapy/skilled services are required. Ex: “No other capable individual is able to safely carry out a therapeutic exercise and perform gait/safety training.”

The three main requirements that must remain documented our homebound status, Explanation for skilled services, and what the goals are for a maintenance plan or to slow the progress of a progressive disease.

There was a recent lawsuit challenging Medicare to further define when therapy services are appropriate or required to discharge a patient that is no longer making progress functionally. The courts have ruled that therapy services do not have to discharge anymore if the patient is not making progress towards functional goals.

http://www.medicareadvocacy.org/medicare-info/improvement-standard-2/

Leave a Comment (0) →

Meet our Therapy Dog!

Our website is live and we want to use this blog to introduce you to our agency.  One of the things that makes us unique is our therapy dog Harley.  He makes house calls and visits assisted living facilities regularly.  Harley is certified through Therapy Dogs International. He’s a very gentle, loving companion.  If you would like a visit please contact our office.

Leave a Comment (0) →
Page 8 of 8 «...45678